Power Trim/Tilt- Bobs Machine Shop- Standard Series

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZPZ

Reaction score
I have an Alumacraft MV 1648 NCS. I want to add power trim & tilt this winter. I am considering using the Bobs Machine Shop Standard Series unit. The pump on this model is mounted inside the boat. Does anyone have any experience with BMS tilt/tims ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140730_054340.jpg
    20140730_054340.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 569
I tested a boat last year that had one on it. It works as it should. In the case of that particular boat, I didn't care for it as the pump is inside the boat. The motor well on that boat was narrower than most (floatation on both sides) and with the pump, fuel tank, batteries it was bad tight to get to the drain plug. In a case like that I personally think that a CMC would be a better option since that unit is 100% self-contained with nothing but wires and relay inside the boat. If you decide to go that direction, throw the CMC relays away and put a winch contactor in it's place. The contactor lasts a LOT longer, frees up space (less wiring) and makes a cleaner install. Some guys say that it also makes the T&T unit work slightly faster. Easy to do if you have some wiring experience. Don't cut the 2 pin plug off of the CMC actuator or the warranty will be void. Cut the plug off of the wire harness end only, not the actuator end.

Latest posts