Newb project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshstalker

Reaction score
New guy here....so I thought my first build would serve as my intro.

I've got a old Ouachita that I recently acquired from my family and I'd love to return it to former glories. Simple is better but a few updates would be great. A casting deck up front along with a removable poling platform in back are what I'd like. Basically, I'd like to turn it into a boat that I can take out on the lake one day to chase striper schools in Lake Whitney, and then the next day pole the flats in Matagorda, sight casting for redfish.

Here's the boat

Ideas and opinions are very welcome and encouraged

Thanks. I'm hoping to have it completely done by next fall. My dumbass cousin was going to sell it to pay for a kayak (that he hasn't used yet) but I stopped him.

I've got a lot of ideas for it, and I'd like to take it back to old school as much as possible. Teak floor and decks. Hull will be painted either blue/grey or green. Interior in a white and seats the same with hull colored trim. I have an old 15 horse outboard that we used to power it and will give that thing an overhaul. My work schedule is 6wks on and 6wks off so I need a project to keep me out of the house and off the couch.

Latest posts