First Boat - Finished with pics!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustrud

Reaction score
Got my boat about two weeks ago, bought a 2015 War Eagle 648 with a trailer. I've done some wiring, added switches, lights, and a few other things. Finally found a motor today, see below and tell me what ya think!

Motor is a 2000 Evinrude 25

Thanks guys! For seating I got 3 of the poles that go in the bases and will add 3 camo seats to em. Question though - I need some ideas for something to cover the battery and gas tank........any cheap thoughts? I was thinking a black piece of diamond-plate ($100 or less) with a hinge on each pod that basically just closes to cover it all up........?

Kustrud said:
Question though - I need some ideas for something to cover the battery and gas tank........any cheap thoughts? I was thinking a black piece of diamond-plate ($100 or less) with a hinge on each pod that basically just closes to cover it all up........?

Good looking rig! The diamond plate would work, or you could just get a good battery box and leave it and the gas tank uncovered.

Not sure your location but, if you cover the tank you will be required to have a fire extinguisher on board. for seating I would look into a moveable base instead of a fixed one, that way you can arrange it however you want whenever you want. Something like this.

Battery would even fit under seat too.

Thanks again guys! i just ordered some seats like the one below that install in the bases already in there - cheap on Amazon so I hope they work ha! I think I want to cover it all up just so it looks cleaner - I know its a hunting/fishing boat but I want it to be clean lookin too haha.

I don't know about the laws where you are (don't know where you are) but any boat with flammables on board should have a fire extinguisher, cheap insurance. Be careful covering a portable tank, they need ventilation. Boat looks good, all those lights on front, are they for hunting? or maybe just general night fishing? or both?
Tim

Yeah Ill get a fire extinguisher - good call! Lights are for duck hunting mainly when its 4:00 AM and pitch black in the flooded timber. I cant run with em on the lake apprently around here......Any ideas on storage? I dont want to cut, remove foam, that sort of thing but need some storage for life jackets and such.....

you could always just use a rubbermaid type container for dry storage.

Nice boat!!

War Eagle sells a gun box in different lengths from about 30" to 6 feet that run down one side or the other. They are made for your boat, so they fit like they should with minimal work. They can be had with or without a cushion. They also have dry storage boxes, livewells, etc that you can use for storage. I have a "tool box" that I use for storage, it fits in the T-lock rail (gunwale channel), comes out in like 5 seconds with a wing nut.

That boat will float level as long as it's not overloaded. I have one (well mine's 15') and swamped it last year. Figured I'd lost it forever but it didn't sink. Just stayed about 4" or so above the surface.

I got a 548, and the only reason I got it instead of a 648 is that when you move up to 16', you are required to carry a fire extinguisher, throwable PFD, and a few other things that a 15' doesn't require by laws here.

Is yours 16" transom (short shaft). That's what I have; and that is the ONLY complaint I have out of mine. Sometimes when I'm loading on a busy weekend at the lake, water will wash over the back. If I were buying again, I'd buy a 21" and use a long shaft motor. IF (when) Yamaha builds the "new" 25hp motor, I may have War Eagle build up my transom and buy a new 20" motor. Luckily they're not very far from me. Lot of guys locally will knock War Eagle and they're all about Edge and Havoc boats since they're the latest and greatest (and supposedly the fastest....), and when I bought my boat I was aware that Edge was faster. After I looked at them, I decided that the war eagle was the best boat for my needs. I'm not a boat racer like the guys out at some of the public hunting lands are so I could care less about speed. I wanted a relaxing boat that serves multiple purposes and that is what I got. I use it on shallow trout waters, deep lakes, creeks, Arkansas River sometimes, in tight timber and wide open areas. I sold a fiberglass bass boat to buy this thing. The old bass boat was fast and fun but it was heavy, used a ton of fuel in comparison to my 25, seems like I spent $100 to go fishing every time I went, and even then I couldn't go to those shallow waters without dragging the rocky bottom.

https://www.pageturnpro.com/Arkansas-Business-Group/54076-War-Eagle-Boats/index.html#16

Latest posts