How's my motor height?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustrud

Reaction score
Took my boat out for the first time, runs great! Only thing I noticed is if it get on the gas it'll get up and plane fine but once I start picking up speed it revs up and prop isn't grabbing. I don't think the hub is spun as I can turn the motor over by hand with the prop, and if I nail it from a stop it jumps forward and pulls real good. This pic help? I can take some more. Should I move my motor down more, the pin is at the highest "trim" setting or whatever ya call it.

War Eagle 648. Think I found my problem, see pics below. The first pic is how i had it, highest pin. Think it should be on the third or fourth. Pics go from slots 1-3 starting with 1 being highest.

The last pic looks like it should solve my problem....?

I would go one hole at a time, it is better to have it trimmed up if possible to lift the bow, you don't want too much bow lift but you don't want the bow to plow either.

What surfman said, I'd start with the hole closest to the transom and work it out one hole at a time. How you load the boat and where the most weight is will affect how the boat runs. For example,when my wife goes with me,she likes to sit all the way up front so I tend to trim the motor "out" more to get more bow lift. If I'm alone I trim it "in" more to keep bow down. Really your just gonna have to play around with it to get a feel for your boat. Have fun !

Gotcha, thanks! Start closest to the transom though? I put it there and looked at it and looks like the front would really plow! Ya'll are the experts though, im new at this, but it looks bad haha! You sure?

Latest posts