Aluminum Decisions.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnTheFly7

Reaction score
We just returned to Phoenix, Arizona after a week long trip to Wisconsin. The trip was to look for a new place to live as we are relocating. The house hunt was a success, as were various other phases of the trip. Now, it is time to get down to the serious questions, boats!

Having been from the area, I have a general idea of what to expect and for what I want in a boat. As a fly fly fisherman, some of my requirements are a bit different. In a perfect world, two boats would be ideal, but lets face it, that isn't happening after just purchasing a home!

I am looking for a boat that will run rivers, lakes of the "North Country" and that will occasionally allow me to fish the harbors and within a half mile to a mile of the harbors of Lake Michigan on calm days. I want an aluminum, so as not to worry should I want to pull it on shore in a river or lake.

The boats that I am considering are "Bass Style" such as the Tracker Pro Team 190 TX, the Xpress H20 and a deeper v style Lund Pro Guide 1775 or 1825. I like that the Lund will handle the bigger water better, however, I wonder if it may draft a bit too much water for some river sections. The Lake Michigan fishing will be limited and only a couple of months a year, in the Fall and Spring. The rest of the year, it will be inland lakes and rivers.

Those with aluminum experience and who have ideas, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

With respect, my thoughts are;
Why would you move from a warm climate to a deep freeze? #-o (just kidding)
Congrats on the house find. I wish you the best of luck with your move. If you find yourself in the northern part of WI, look up a man that knows a lot about boats & Mercury motors. You can find him at https://www.johnsmcintoshvintagemercuryoutboard.com/
Super nice guy and will have honest advice for what you are looking for. :)

Good luck with your search!

Keith
Texas

Latest posts