trade a boat for a horse?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper60103

Reaction score
I HAVE WAY TO MAY BOATS, WIFE SAYS DUMP ONE FOR A HORSE OR WE'RE
FINISHED. I HAVE 5 BOATS, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE.

I just don't see how her desire for a horse has anything to do with his 5 boats? LOL. :LOL2:

Attachments

• horse2.png
    horse2.png
    328 KB · Views: 1,137
"They" say that a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into. Well a horse is a money pit as well. My neighbor blew 6 grand on a horse that he can't ride cause it has a bad back................ " but it looks pretty"

A couple years ago I was trying to sell a boat, and got a call inquiring about the boat and they asked if I would be interested in a trade. I said "depends" on what you have, and they said a horse. Sounded like a nice horse but I know zip about horses so I had to pass. I though it was funny at the time, and still laugh about it whenever I think about it.

A horse is way way more expensive than a boat and requires constant up keep and maintenance whether you use it or not and most of the time it is in the barn or the pasture just wasting your money. That is something I would rent and not buy.

I was as usual browsing boats this morning and came across this ad. I'd love to know what the back story is. Does this guy store his boats in her horse barn? Has she always wanted a horse? Trying to balance the assets - horses:0, boats:5? I love the fact that it's come down to an ultimatum. One thing's sure, if she gets the horse, boats 4, 3, 2 and 1 will eventually go for feed or stable expenses. I feel kinda sorry for the guy but then on the other hand maybe he might have stopped at #3.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many boats people here have. I've got two boats and two kayaks.

Keep the boat. Get a new wife, one that likes to fish.Horse girls love the horse more than you. Trust me I know. And you dont have to feed a boat twice a day, build a barn or fence. Or clean up after it. Or lift bails of hay........

What he said^^^

Boats don't eat, they don't sh1t, they don't have outrageous vet bills, and they have far more agreeable personalities over either horses or horse loving wives.

Latest posts