1448 or nah?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeRauch

Reaction score
It's been about a year since my last project. Some of you may remember the S.S. Bassquatch. The thread was called 10ft Jon Boat Bassin'. I love that little boat, I caught a lot of bass out of it this summer, but I told myself that if I ever came across a 1448 or 1648 flat bottom for a good price I would take it. I was browsing through craigslist today and found a 14' flat bottom but the owner doesn't know for sure if it is a 1448 or not. He says the top (side rail to side rail I assume) is 55" in the back and 37 1/2" in the front. I'll try to upload some pictures of it in a minute. What do you guys think?

This issue is EXACTLY what really pizzes me off the most.......

people that list boats on the internet with little to no descriptive data
for a potential buyer to take interest in.

I just went through such a rigamaroe with a seller.... it was like pulling teeth
just to get the bottom measurement .......
he finally told me it was a 1648 so I drive an hour to go see it ... guess what ...
it was a 1536 .... he only "guessed" it because he said it looks like 16 x 4 feet to him.

I finally found what I was looking for last week, and is exactly what I was looking for.
1648 flat bottom bass boat.

why oh why is it so hard to describe your boat ????????

My 1448 measures 72” across the top rails at the stern and in fact Sylvan lists the model number as a 1472. Go figure.

If the 10’er is working for you then why change are you trailering it? A 1448 is a lot larger and if you are just tossing the 10’er in the bed of the truck it will be a lot more difficult with a 1448.

Latest posts