1973 STARCRAFT HOLIDAY 16ft Photo??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I'm about "to fall heir to" the 1973 Holiday runabout/utility on a good trailer with a good-LOOKING (but mechanical condition unknown) Johnson long-foot OB motor.

This particular hull LOOKS as if it never had a windshield (NO holes in that area) or the "fancy" & usual runabout seating.

Does anyone have a GOOD-QUALITY color photo of a 1973 sixteen foot Holiday that shows the color scheme of that year's boats.
(I've looked in all the "usual internet locations" but haven't found a GOOD photo.)

What I'm HOPING is that someone has a factory brochure that they are willing to sell OR "color-copy" & "snail-mail" to me.
(Obviously, I'm willing to pay for a brochure or a member's time/trouble.)

THANKS, satx

How does it compare to the 74 model holiday as far as styling? Is there any hint of the original paint color left on the hull anywhere?

On Iboats.com in the StarCraft owners forum there is a sticky of most of the old brochure's listed by year.

JMichael; ickstckn2smknbris,

All of the early 1970s StarCraft Holiday runabouts are about the same shaped hull but with differences in length, colors & how the hulls are "trimmed out".

As far as I can tell, the paint at the surface of the bare hull is some sort of "greenish" primer & covered with what a local "paint & body guy" says is probably "early-1980s GMC color coats".
(My GUESS is that someone long ago had the hull re-painted to "match" a tow car/truck OR maybe that the bare hull was ordered "in primer" by the original owner to be painted by the dealer or by ?????)

Fwiw, as I said above, I looked "all the usual places" for GOOD QUALITY color photos OR the "big" factory brochure & without any luck.

THANKS ANYHOW.

yours, satx

I did see on iboats a few '73 holidays being restored and they were a green and white originally.

ickstkn2smknbris,

YEP. I saw that too, as well as a couple of 1973 Super Sports.

Unfortunately there isn't any info as to WHICH green & white that Starcraft used in that period.
(The current color is a white hull with "faded" red deck & trim.)

IF I'm going to spend $$$$ to restore the boat, I want it "factory stock" & "correct".

yours, satx