What are you planning for your boat in 2015

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
What is everyone planning for 2015 and their boat?

I am going to (finally) install my 2nd FF in the bow - add a larger TM to the stern for my electric only lakes and maybe add some flotation foam so I can use the boat in SW

When I built the boat I never added any foam as it seemed like such a PITA to build area for the 2 part foam I wanted to use - but with it almost time to redo a few decks - foam will be added so I can use it in rough water

Not being a smarta$$ here but I am planning to get my boat in the water this year. My oldest son is now 4 and my younger boy will be 2 in April. I've had the boat out only a few times in the last 3 years so I am excited to start using it again.

Network a HDS 7 with the 8 already on the boat, install an onboard charger and maybe some rod holders up front when I decide where.

clarkbre said:
Not being a smarta$$ here but I am planning to get my boat in the water this year. My oldest son is now 4 and my younger boy will be 2 in April. I've had the boat out only a few times in the last 3 years so I am excited to start using it again.

I feel ya - I have a 3 and 6 yr old and some days it is a challenge just to do anything - much less get a boat ready!

Quick tip if you take them boating - kids love (mine really love) to throw things in the water - my sons are non-denominational tossers- tackle and stuff is the same as anything else.

I bring a large bag of peanuts - give them a few handfuls at a time (because my monster would just dump the whole bag)

They leave a trail of peanuts and I get to fish a little

I can honestly say that I have nothing planned or foresee and additions to my rig this year. Except for an air ride seat for me I think I am good to go for many years in fact. I'm wanting the seat, but not wanting to buy one!

My Xmas present to myself was a late 90s Starcraft 160 SC w/ a Mercury 40hp on a trailer for short $$, really short money. Only problem is that there are some holes in the transom from where the wood used inside reacted w/ the aluminum. Otherwise that, everything else is in great condition and the boat was always uncovered when not used.

So I'll be replacing the transom on her!

Good thinking. I took my older boy once with my dad and the highlight of the trip was that Grandpa brought circus peanuts and small doughnuts. If they're comfortable, our lines are wet!!!

I plan on actually completing my boat and fishing from it this year. I spent most of last year stripping paint & finally painted ( sorry no pics yet )it this past fall but that's about it. I plan on adding a casting deck & a side compartment for storage. I need to find out whether or not I can get my Motor Guide Brute 550 45lbs of thrust 12/24 volt trolling motor fixed. All that it needs is new brushes in the lower unit but I'm not sure if they still make parts for this model or if parts from a different model will work. Maybe a newer trolling motor is in my future. I have almost everything needed for the boat just waiting for a nice dry weekend to put it all together.

Keystone said:
I can honestly say that I have nothing planned or foresee and additions to my rig this year. Except for an air ride seat for me I think I am good to go for many years in fact. I'm wanting the seat, but not wanting to buy one!

Air ride seat sounds awesome!

i hope to add a front deck extension with storage, rear deck lids, shallow water anchor, trolling motor, and a new raymarine or garmin chirp fish finder. :mrgreen:

I would definitely like to to do a front deck extension with a rod locker in the middle and more storage up front. Bow FF and a new trolling motor... more time on the water is obviously always planned...lol. Would like to do a complete redo but PO took such good care of her there really isn't need yet... but that just means more time for planning and scouring this site for awesome ideas some of you guys come up with.

Down imaging and side scan will be my next investment in the boat. Obviously I'll be finishing it first, hopefully within the next week.

I am hoping to get my bow and stern lights rewired and then work on a solid aluminum floor for my 1447 Lowe.

Right now, the plan is to just finish my current build. As of yesterday my trailer is finished except for the spare tire. Next payday I have to get myself a new computer (been without for 2 months now) then pick up couple sheets of pink foam and a couple sheets of exterior plywood for the flat floor.
Got a question about the plywood but will ask that in my build thread.
Want to finish my build by spring then spend the summer fishing and looking for my next project.

I'm planning a trip. Put in just south of Augusta Ga. and ride the Savanna river aprox. 300 miles to Savannah Ga. and back. Some may say I'm cheating but I will be taking the Panga. 8)

unfortunately selling it. or atleast trying to sell it. it hurts bad. :( but I look at it as I will be able to upgrade next year or maybe sooner depending on the situation with my wife.

Not much left to do on my rig but I would like to install another seat base. Probably way in the bow, this will only be used to get the seat out of the way while running and gunning chasing breaking fish.

Latest posts