Side by Side Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingeezer

Reaction score
**** I love this site. As a newbie it seems you can find any info you need by lurkin and checkin other builds...One thing I have not seen that maybe anyone can direct me, has anyone put in side by side seats on a 1436 or a 1542? I am thinking of a single pedestal seat with 7 inch pedestal centered on the aft bench, and then 2 side by side pedestals in the center seat. If I buy a 1542 they will be on either side of the live well. On a 1436, since there is only 53 inches of beam, will there be enough room for side by side pedestals? Anyone done it? Show me. Thanks. Or point me to the thread of someone that's done it. Thanks

The 1648 I bought last month has 2 permanently mounted seats in the middle.
One for the steering console and one for the passenger.
The P/O was a Bass Tournament fisherman and this was his set up.
After using it a few times, I see it is a VERY bad layout design (IMO) !!!
Left side rod holder only hold 2 rods max. The driver's side is for the motor cables.
No vertical PVC rod holders at all. (but will soon be next week). and NO fire extinguisher - at all.
The problem with the seats is they were mounted with only 5 inches between them.
NO WAY a foot could step between them without getting hung up. (dangerous scenereo)
So, in answer to your question . . . . . .
make sure you can SAFELY step between the seats while going from back to front.
The photos were taken today, AFTER moving the seats apart as far as they would go.
it is now safe to step between them.

I know you are talking about "pedestal seats" but the safety issue would be the same.
I have in my mind to put the passenger seat as a flush pedestal so it can be removed
when I fish alone.

Attachments

• boat seats 004.JPG
    boat seats 004.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 718
  • boat seats 003.JPG
    boat seats 003.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 718
I added 2 seats in my 1448. one for the driver (side console boat), one for the passenger. then when we get to the spot we pick up our seats and put them in the pedastals. one on the front deck and one on the rear. works great!
I had to add the pin style bases for the new seats on the rear bench but wasn't too hard to do.

Latest posts