Looking for a spare prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseverns

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place to but a cheap aluminum prop for a mercury 25xd. I spun my stainless prop duck hunting about a week ago and would like to have a spare just in case this ever happens agin. Any help would be great would love to find a used one in good shape. I'm in central Arkansas if anyone knows where I can get one locally.

zseverns said:
I'm looking for a place to but a cheap aluminum prop for a mercury 25xd. I spun my stainless prop duck hunting about a week ago and would like to have a spare just in case this ever happens agin. Any help would be great would love to find a used one in good shape. I'm in central Arkansas if anyone knows where I can get one locally.

check where u get hub done they might have one ...my .02

I'd first go to Turning Point propeller website and use their "prop calculator" for the specifics of YOUR boat and motor to ensure you have the right wheel. I have found them super for small skiffs! Specially on motors where one doesn't run or check it to a tach to ensure maximum WOT RPMs are reached.

Not that you want or need to run WOT all the time ... but it IS where one needs to run it in order to properly check that you aren't over or under-propping the motor. Less not adding oil, lugging or being over-propped is the #1 way to destroy a perfectly good motor!

Their prices are also very reasonable, the props are extremely well made, you can exchange them for another size if not satisfied and they also use a cushion hub feature for installation and to protect the lower unit/propshaft against strikes.

Latest posts