Slider5G Review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowe14owner

Reaction score
Five Stars!!

I ordered last it Tuesday and it arrived Thursday. I got an email thanking me for my order and then a second email to let me know it shipped.

First off, it's very heavy duty and will last longer than my boat.

I tried to install it over the AstroTurf or whatever is on the benches, but that didn't work. The screws couldn't get a good bite into the seat. I wound up removing the carpet and sanding the bench down. Installing was a breeze. I wasn't sure I even had a #3 Phillips screw driver, but I found one in the back recesses of my tool box. I drilled the holes and screwed it in. Went fairly quickly.

Yesterday I put the boat on the water for the second time ever so I was checking several things out at the same time. The seat will not move unless you take most of your weight off. I like that. My first time on the water in December I had the clamp-on type seats, and those clamp-ons did not seem very steady. The Slider5G is as solid as a rock. When I put my weight in the seat and tried to move the seat sideways, it would not move.

I set mine up so that I would just leave the seat on the boat. The pins work great at holding the seat in place while the boat is on the trailer.

In the final analysis, the question is: would I buy another one if the opportunity arose? The answer: Yes!! Next month I will buy another one to go on the other bench for my wife. We're sticking to a budget so when February rolls around I'm ordering the second slider. In the short meantime, we're making do with the clamp-on.

If anyone had any doubt, I can say without hesitation, buy it. You can't go wrong.

Thanks 2XT Solutions for a quality product.

I'll be posting a review of everything else later.