Boat Help!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walleye88

Reaction score
So I bought a 16' aluminum boat and am restoring it and its coming along great!!! Only problem is the front part where the winch attaches to is broken! (sorry don't know what to call it) Also i have no idea how the guy i bought it from broke it! Like it was solid metal! Anyway i need to find out how to get a new one or what i have to do because it is alittle unstable when I tow and i can only drive the boat like halfway up the trailer and then i have to winch it the rest but there is no where to attach it! :oops: I have no idea how to get a new one or find something else that will work! Any help will be greatly appreciated thx!

Attachments

• winchclip.jpg
    winchclip.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 737
I am assumin this was on the trailer. Either way ibwould get some steel make a new one. If its on the boat get a stainless u bolt and a piece of flat bar thick flat bar for the backing bolt her ul

How about a pic of where the part you're holding came from.
As mentioned before, a stailess steel U-Bolt With a backing plate will work great. I picked one up at Tractor Supply that had a plate with it. I made another plate, drilled two holes in the bow of my boat, put the u-bolt thru, dabbed some 3M 5200 around the bolts on the inside, put on the plate I made and sinched up the nuts and it all worked out great . Simple 10-15 min job.
Good luck

You are talking about the bow eye, you can use a U bolt, SS of course and a backing plate to replace it.

Can you clean up the existing area and put in an Eye Bolt ?
they are readily available from hardware stores.
I have never seen that type before. Could it may have been homemade by the P/O ??
Eye Bolt with a good backing will do the job.

Attachments

• eye bolt.jpg
    eye bolt.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 717
It looks like a factory bow eye from a V-hull. Take it to a welding shop and have them rebuild / fabricate the missing area.

Latest posts