Driftmaster Rod Holder Bases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowe14owner

Reaction score
My wife and I went out Wednesday for our first fishing trip on our boat. It became immediately apparent that I need rod holders. I'm leaning towards the Driftmaster Rods Holders. My gunwale on my jon boat is round, and I'm thinking I'll need the v-round rail base for my two rod holders.

Is the v-round rail base what I need? What do you guys suggest?

Lowe14owner said:
My wife and I went out Wednesday for our first fishing trip on our boat. It became immediately apparent that I need rod holders. I'm leaning towards the Driftmaster Rods Holders. My gunwale on my jon boat is round, and I'm thinking I'll need the v-round rail base for my two rod holders.

Is the v-round rail base what I need? What do you guys suggest?

Take a look at monster Rod holders as well. I have used drift master and decided to try monster since they are the only ones that have bases got my seaark t rail system that needs an angled base. They are mad a little more sturdy then the drift master as well. I am putting mine on tomorrow and will post some pics. Both are great Rod holders and you can't go wrong either way.

Post a picture of your boat/gunwale. You might be better of mounting them somewhere else in the boat but need a picture. What type of fishing do you prefer??

TNtroller said:
Post a picture of your boat/gunwale. You might be better of mounting them somewhere else in the boat but need a picture. What type of fishing do you prefer??
I Striper fish. The t rail slot should work great for these Rod holders and allow me to put them anywhere along the length of the gunnel wall. im not sure if any other way to mount them other then a drilling holes which I really don't want to do if I can avoid it. If the bases don't work well in the t rail I will add some tube rails along the gunnel and clamp them like I've had to do on my fiberglass. I just hate to drill holes in a boat...ha :eek:

Look at some of these. You might see something you like.

Hit the search button at the end of the object request line to open up the page.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rod+holders+for+boat+with+round+rails&biw=1051&bih=492&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=A9PMVMzeHNCJNvyHhNgB&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Just need a flat surface to mount the bases to and a way to utilize the T slot. Try some carriage bolts or hex bolts to fit the T slot, and some angle iron/aluminum wide enough for the bases, bolt it all up and see how that works. If you know someone who works with metal, they should be able to come with something that will work for you.

i had 2 driftmaster clamp on bases on my last boat and loved them. took a piece of small conduit to help tighten them. my gunnels were round.i had had a 28 pound blue cat set the hook on himself with a circle hook and it did not budge the holder clamp mount

Highly recommend Driftmasters. They come in 3/8" or 1/2" versions, the latter being heavy duty. Bases need to match the version you choose, of course. If you are going to mount to gunnel, consider welding the bases to the gunnel.

I have the Flatliner 250-H holders on my boat. I do a lot of catfishing and catfishing is huge where I'm from, so I am exposed to a lot of rod holder setups. The Monster Holders are very nice as well, but they are no more or less sturdy than the 1/2" Driftmasters. Another quality holder is Fish Bite Rod Holders https://fishbiterodholders.com/index.php

My setup

Give Alan a call at Fishbite rod holders, he is a super nice guy and can fab you up anything you'd like. He custom made my mounts for my 2472 BigDaddy, Real heavy duty and they fit like a glove.

Latest posts