UPDATE, New Pics, wiring box, amp, stereo complete!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustrud

Reaction score
Boat is a 2015 War Eagle 648 LDV. I am going to put two 6 1/2" speakers in the lower front deck facing rearward. Anyone know if there are supports under the front of this I would not want to cut into? Need to know where to drill the holes to get a jigsaw into and cut two 6" holes without hitting anything else.

Thanks!

Got pretty much everything ready. Speakers will be here tomorrow. There were no supports in the way so got the holes cut and the wires run for the speakers.

Two 6 1/2's, cheap 400 watt amp. I'm going to mount the amp and wires and a switch in a small box under the rear seat to hide everything away. Other than that I'm done. The front deck acts as a huge box and these things are LOUD! I'm blown away for what they cost.

To wire everything up I bought a Plano storage box and added a switch and a volume knob to it and ran the wires through the back. It's water tight too.

Looks nice. Are you saying you put the radio in the ammo box, and it's water tight? Are you concerned at all about the dissipated heat from the radio? Seems like over an extended period of time it would get pretty hot.

Or is it something else?

Just curious.

- - - nice job on your set up !! Very solid boat - will last you a long time.

Just a word of neighborly advice to everyone that has the Boom Box in their boat.
Over water, sound travels very far and clear when it is unobstructed.
Everyone around you may not appreciate or enjoy your enthusiasm for the loud tunes
booming out of your metal box.

Jus my dos centavos on peaceful harmony

Hubtinfool it's just a small marine amp with an aux input so it should be OK. To answer your question yes it is all installed in the ammo can. I added a power switch so it doesn't pull on the batt if I don't want to use it and a remote volume knob for the amp. If it ever over heats or craps out I'll replace it with something a little nicer. Now that everything's wired and installed replacing speakers/amp etc. Would be the easy part.

Also, it's not to go idling through a marina or by a private dock at full volume or to be obnoxious with.