Comfort with side console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borisvonf

Reaction score
Recently found this site and have become completely obsessed with it looking at all of the cool mods everyone has made. I have a roughneck 1648 mod v Jon with a side console and Johnson 50 hp 2 stroke. Only use it a few times a year but still love it. Use it in the creeks at the coast, pond fishing near home and striper fishing on local large reservoir.

My question to the brain trust here is how can I increase my comfort level while driving. I have a bad back and have to lean forward in seat to steer the side console. Leaning forward kills my lower back. I have thought about converting to center console and lean post but don't know if all cables would reach or if I have enough room for that mod. I'm sure someone here has already solved the problem so I am looking for simple easy solution. Don't worry, I have other problems with it as well but will start with just this one.

Thanks in advance for your consideration
Trey

Will one of the slider seat bases work on your boat? Might be able to move the seat closer to the controls?

How is the console mounted? Is it possible to move it closer to the seat? I've had some issues with my back from time to time. Hope you've jot some kind of cushion to sit on. Pounding across the waves has gotta hurt.