Want to buy a boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91indian

Reaction score
Looking for a nice big tiller boat. Any advice on good ones and bad ones, newer and older, would be a big help. I'm looking at a 71' sea nymph 16' deep v, looks cramped for 4 of us but is rated for it. Just for pure fishing on rivers and small lakes. Nice site, and thanks.

In my opinion for what its worth I feel 16' is small for 4 people fishing. I have a 16' boat that I fish with and unless I am sitting still cat fishing I prefer to only bring one other person with me just so its not too cramped up when we sling lures

From what I've read on another site those SeaNymphs have a tendency to develop stress cracks in the bottom ribs so look it over closely. Also check along the seams at the rivets as there have also been many with cracks there.

As to boat size, 16' is about as small as one would want if regularly fishing with 4 adults and to be honest if it were me I'd be looking for one of the larger 16' Starcraft, Sylvan, Smokercraft, Alumacraft or Lund's.

I use a 16' Alumacraft Classic and 3 adults gets cozy. Then it also depends on what type of fishing you are going to be doing.

PA Delaware Fisher said:
In my opinion for what its worth I feel 16' is small for 4 people fishing. I have a 16' boat that I fish with and unless I am sitting still cat fishing I prefer to only bring one other person with me just so its not too cramped up when we sling lures

I agree with this. I have a 1648 and typically fish 2 people out of it. I also fish 3, but we have to be careful we aren't hooking each other in the head with each cast.

Latest posts