first jon to bass boat conversion need help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassin0331

Reaction score
ive had two jon so far but looking to buy a brand new boat to build decks the way I want. I was looking at the tracker 15/42 but im curious if I should just go ahead and get a larger 16 48 or 52. I grew up fishing on large 21 foot bass boats with my dad and uncle but I like goin to small lakes as well as rivers. I will also be going to a few larger lakes. would appreciate your input. :?:

I guess it just depends on what feels safe & stable to you. If your gut feeling says go with a larger boat I'd go with that gut feeling. There's pros & cons of both larger boats are safer & more stabile but usually come with a larger price tag & require more hp to move them efficiently. So hmm Maybe some members who have been in both boats of similar sizes will chime in.

I have a 25 hp evinrude that pushes that 14 v at 28 mph on the gps with me a full tank and my gear. I can get the tracker for 1100 brand new, ive just never been in a 15 42 and don't know how stable it will be.

I had a 1654 that I just got out of and got an 1860. I've never heard someone say my boat is too big!
I took my old boat to the river all the time. Having the extra width will make it more stable. You won't regret having that.

well im trying to make this a not so expensive purchase. I will do this and be buying my uncles triton tr 21 next year. this is just for a project and my fun rig. so any suggestions for a new 16 48 or 52 under 2000/?

If you want something rigged and ready to go, I'd say Craigslist.
You'll be able to find plenty that need work all the way to ready to go. Good luck.

If your looking for a project, do the jon boat conversion. The wider the better. Since you will be buying the triton, I would assume that you will be selling this one when you do that, so try and build it so that it appeals to more people than just yourself, unless you plan on keeping it. I decked out my 1436 and was surprised by the stability, but it wasn't perfect. Good luck with whatever you decide
1238320_10201884586580214_1946357360_n.jpg

Latest posts