Jon boat accessory track options?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akbejeepin

Reaction score
I like the versa trac that tracker puts on their grizzly boats. At least I think that is what they call it. Does any body know of something like this that can be bought.

I may end up trying to make something that can be used like this. My Tacoma has a track system in the bed that accepts accessories. Surely there is a way

Did some looking late last night. I found something called 't track', that accepts standard 1/4" bolt heads slid into the track. It's not that expensive and is apparently used by wood workers. I found up to 48" aluminum sections for about 15 bucks.

You could use this stuff for all kinds of stuff.

This seems like the way to go unless there is a better option that someone knows about. Any suggestions or approvals of the idea are appreciated.

War Eagle has been using similar setup for many, many years. Go to their website and look at their accessories for ideas. I have a couple drink & shell trays on my boat and 2 T-cleats and a switch bracket.

I will check that out for ideas. I really want to know if somebody sells the track itself or something that can be used for that purpose.

This past Sunday at BPS, I was closely looking at the Grizzly's T-Rail system.
and also pondering of how to implement it on my 1988 bass boat.
Then I remembered using it in a Track Light system back in the day.
If I remember correctly, the track came in different lengths up to 10'.
I would much rather have a T-Track on my gunwales than a bunch of individual clip-on stuff.
Am sure the big box electrical stores would have it. Grainger, City Electric, Graybar,
MSC Industrial, McMaster-Carr, etc etc etc.
There is nothing wrong with butt-joining the ends of 2 or 4' sections to make your project work.
The extruded aluminum is easily bendable to fit the contours of the boat and still have the T-Slot holding power in place.

Yep - in my mind, that right there will WORK !!!

T-Slot.png
Just did a quick look on McMaster-Carr website and found this.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#t-tracks/=vy4vrq

Slide 1/4"-20 hex head bolts anywhere along the slotted track for use as hangers. Bolts are sold separately.
T-slotted Track is clear-anodized aluminum. Mounting holes are on 3" centers and require No. 8 pan head screws.
Lg. . Ht. . Proj. . . . . Each
18" 5/8" 1/2" 1850A11 $4.97
24" 5/8" 1/2" 1850A14 6.34
36" 5/8" 1/2" 1850A17 9.38
48" 5/8" 1/2" 1850A19 12.35
Aluminum or Stainless hex head bolts are available at your local hardware store.

Many extruded profiles as well as different mounting bolt configurations are available.

Yup thats the same stuff I stumbled up on. I like the price you found better though. It would be nice if it was available in custom lengths to run the whole length of the boat.

It would be easy to make a sliding seat mount out of that also.

Hey guys, kind of resurrecting an old thread but I'm really curious if anybody followed through on this idea with the t track? I'm looking for similar options on my duck boat. So did anybody try this? How did it work? Photos? How much weight do you thing the t track will support? Did you use the full size or the mini size? Thanks for any info.

Latest posts