Motor Value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akbejeepin

Reaction score
What are your opinions of the value of a 2009 Mercury 5HP, 4 stroke motor. Brand new in the box with all original packaging, factory fuel tank, and one year of warranty left. The motor is mine and I am selling it. I have a couple of guys coming to look at it tomorrow and don't want to sell myself short.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated?

Thanks for the response. I checked Nada and has a value of about $1050. Iam reluctant to put a lot of weight on that since I have found Nada to be inaccurate for the local market on quite a few things.

That value is also based on a used motor for 6 years. At this point it is the best I've got though. I was hoping some folks would come in with what they would charge.

akbejeepin said:
Thanks for the response. I checked Nada and has a value of about $1050. Iam reluctant to put a lot of weight on that since I have found Nada to be inaccurate for the local market on quite a few things.

That value is also based on a used motor for 6 years. At this point it is the best I've got though. I was hoping some folks would come in with what they would charge.

That sounds like a fair price to me. I would be pretty firm nothing to far below $900, after all it is new & has one year of warranty left. I paid $650 for a new 2011 4hp 4 stroke Tohatsu in 2013 with a 3yr warranty ( Tohatsu makes all of the small motors for Mercury & Nissan ) but that was only because my local dealer hadn't had a lot of business due to low lake levels that year.