I appear to be missing a piece to my seat post. Please help?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
I ordered a seat mount, for my seat post. I plan to move this post from the bench in the back to the bow.

Post parts I already had. Post with mount, and then an extension

ihfIgLZ.jpg

Part I ordered doesn't fit. Way too small

Rgo8dCz.jpg

jsc7GdL.jpg

Do I need a 3/4" Pin style bushing like this to make this work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seat-Base-Insert-Post-Nylon-Bushing-3-4-Pin-Style-Swivel-Eze-SP201-/121265972592

Or is there something else I am missing?

Yah, mine has those plastic inserts and that is what it looks like you need also. The 3/4 probably fits the seat, make sure the insert OD fits the post. Posts come in different sizes.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Yah, mine has those plastic inserts and that is what it looks like you need also. The 3/4 probably fits the seat, make sure the insert OD fits the post. Posts come in different sizes.
Tim

Thanks man. I measured and that ebay part looked like the right one. Went ahead and ordered.

Be careful when you install the insert into the post. They are made of hard and somewhat brittle plastic. It's best if you can figure a way to press it in with a clamp or other method that applies increasing pressure. If you have to resort to driving it in with a mallet, it could shatter. Don't ask how I know this. :oops:

Latest posts