Can anyone identify this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseverns

Reaction score
I got this boat today and have no info on it. It has been repainted at some time in its life. Just trying to see what it is. The boat is 16' 6" long and 48" wide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 732
After doing a little internet reseach I thought it was a older War Eagle just by the looks of the side rails. So I called war eagle and spoke with someone there and asked them about it but since they never have made a riveted boat its not a War Eagle but an older Duracraft 1648 which is owned by Team Ward who also owns War Eagle so basiclly ITs a riveted War Eagle.

No doubt it's a duracraft I would say late 70's model maybe early 80's. They quit makin duracraft in the early 80's so no newer then around 1983. They have just recently brought back duracraft. It is the same hull as the war eagle's though because they are made by the same company. I'm pretty set on it being a 1974 or 1975. Very similar to bucketheads duracraft. Check out his mod he may can help you out better than I.

Mine's an 87, and I think my buddy has an 89 duracraft, so they were at least made until then. I think the war eagle guys bought the old molds recently and began manufacturing them again.

I would say it's about 1980. I say that because of the square ribs in the boat. I also noticed there are more ribs than normal and there doesn't seem to be a factory livewell, must have been a custom made boat for commercial use or conservation. It's a great hull zseverns, I love my Duracraft, mine is a 1720 model, 17' length and 20" gunwale. I just upgraded to a 50 hp Mercury jet and it handles it great. I'm thinking about buying another like I have and refitting it for my son.

Latest posts