How much would you pay??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfwil10

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that has a bass tracker that has been sitting in his yard. I've wanted the boat since I was in highschool (now in my mid 20's) to have as a project. I've never inspected it up close but I know the whole inside needs a makeover. It doesn't have a motor but that's the last thing I plan to worry about. I've seen multiple builds on this site and i'm excited to try one of my own. I think I will be able to get it fairly cheap but my question to you is....What would you pay for a boat in this condition??

Attachments

• bt2.jpg
    bt2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,513
  • bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,513
  • bt3.jpg
    bt3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,513
  • bt4.jpg
    bt4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,513
Looks to be a late 80's model. In fully working condition I see them anywhere from $1500 to 3000 on craigslist but that fluctuates due to the condition they are in . Based off the few pictures I would say $500 to 800 in my opinion. Needs new tires, trailer looks like it needs some work. If it has sat uncovered probably has some rotten wood that will need to be replaced. You'll need a motor as you said. Check the hull thoroughly for cracks and stuff. The more I think about it I would say more towards $500. But I can't really tell based off the pictures. Just pay a price that you feel is fair

Thanks for your input! I'm at $300 right now. As long as there aren't any cracks I believe I will be able to get that back out of it.

Where I'm at in Ohio, that boat would sell for 2k right now. I spent 350 on a 12ft semi v that was beat to hell and back, with a homemade utility trailer. It works, and at 350 I can't complain.

If you could get that for 300, I say don't hesitate to buy it. At the very least if it floats I think you would triple your investment just for the mod v hull.

derekdiruz1 said:
Where I'm at in Ohio, that boat would sell for 2k right now. I spent 350 on a 12ft semi v that was beat to hell and back, with a homemade utility trailer. It works, and at 350 I can't complain.

If you could get that for 300, I say don't hesitate to buy it. At the very least if it floats I think you would triple your investment just for the mod v hull.

Man! That makes me happy! Too bad I'm in GA..

look at it from the structural side: it's A L U M I N U M
It will last you for years and years until it is time for another make over !!!!
A lot of boats outlive many trailers and motors. The boat just keeps on going and going and going and goingggggg.
If it were fiberglass, I would suggest you pass on it.
boat & trailer LESS than $500 - JUMP ON IT.
If you can score just the boat alone (with papers) for 250-$300 would be good.
then you can build it like you want it, then, look for a good trailer and motor after you get it done.

:WELCOME:

jfwil10 said:
derekdiruz1 said:

Man! That makes me happy! Too bad I'm in GA..
:shock: If you decided you don't want it, let me know. I'll come get it. (joke, I'm getting close to needing a new project)
BTW, I didn't notice you mentioning the size of the boat. Do you know?

I'm not sure of the size... It's a pro 17. And I'm getting either today or early tomorrow. Can't wait to tear it apart and get started!!

Sure hope you got the good deal. From the photo, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say possibly 17 ft. What a hell of a bargain.

Right on... From what I can see in the photo's that hull appears to be in pretty good shape. This gonna be fun watching the progress on your mod..
Man, wish I could find a deal like this.. Awesome.

250. Ready to get started. What do Yall think? Battery and wiring first?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,331
First thing would be to find out the condition of the transom and any other wood on the boat.

jfwil10,

What HP rating is the Bass Tracker? = IF it will handle it, a LOOPER 70HP by Johnson/Evinrude would be "tough to beat". = Those old 3-bangers are cheap to buy, easy to maintain/repair & the parts are available at NAPA Stores (under the SIERRA label.). =====> Here in metropolitan San Antonio, craigslist recently had a running but "a little doggy looking" 70HP Johnny for sale for the princely sum of 200.oo

SUPER BUY on the boat/trailer, imVho.

just my OPINION, satx

Yeah, I'm going to see what all I need to do with the wiring first. Anybody out there got a wiring diagram for an 88 pro17?

Latest posts