Need some experienced help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jignjoe

Reaction score
I ran an add looking to trade my tricked out 10/22 for a tin boat and got a response from a local guy and I just wanted some input on how happy or unhappy I'm gonna be with what he's offering keeping in mind I plan on a small front deck project.
It's a 14' comes with trailer (new tires) old fish finder and the aluminum live well that's pictured in the boat Its mostly gonna be used in my local river by my son and myself I'm 210 lbs and so is he.
I have a 15 ho 4 stroke Honda and a 55 lb thrust power drive currently.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Oh Ya trade value on 10/22 is 300.00

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 562
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 562
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 562
Thank you for the input so far
The 10/22 just has a arc angel stock centerline scope and Harris bipod and the boat had registration but not the trailer

Jasper I was wondering that same thing that Honda weights a ton for a 15 and me and the boy aren't little guys either lol.

I don't know how things work in your state, but in delaware, the vessel is required to have a blue card(registration) and the trailer is required to be titled. There is actually no title for the vessel at all. Either way, if the boat and trailer are properly registered and tagged with titles, then I would say its a good deal. They seem to at least take decent care of the boat, as I can tell by the way they flipped the boat over so that all the snow would not sit inside of the boat. If there is no title for the trailer, and the trailer has no VIN or can not be identified as a manufactured trailer, just take it through inspection as a homemade trailer. However, if there is a VIN or its obviously a manufactured trailer and there is NO title, I would pass. People always say "doesn't have a title, but its really easy to get one" that is BS! If it were that easy, they would have gotten it done already. In my opinion, as long as the paperwork is good and it looks good to you when you get a closer look, make the trade. Its a blast turning them into what you like.

You should have no weight issues. I'm 200 lbs and my fishing partner is 270 and we fished on my 14 ft jon, fully decked out with gear and motors. Just like the other person stated, just dont lean to the same side at the same time lol. I think you will find it more stable than you expected, but its still nothing like the stablility of a true bass rig, obviously. Good luck

Ok and I've noticed a lot of guys hold there front pedestal seats quite a ways back is that to keep weight off the nose of the boat?

I did mine like that so I would have more room to stand and not have an obstacle to work around.
1238320_10201884586580214_1946357360_n.jpg

Latest posts