1648 Camo Job

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jager99

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction on where to start. I've tried searching and to no avail... What paint is best? parker? Use stencils or just cut some branches?

There are tons of opinions out there.
Youtube has a bunch of videos out there. Plus you can see what they use and how it looks.

Yea, lots of stuff on youtube and the advantage of that is that you get to "see" what certain methods can produce instead of reading a text description and then decide for yourself what method you want to use. Personally, I think the best results are achieved with stencils.

I used Parkers Duck Boat paint in Sand Tan as my base coat and Rustoleum camo spray paint in brown and black to do my camo job. I also used these stencils. In hindsight, I really could have just cut my own stencils and I think it would have turned out just as well.

https://www.camostencil.com/Ambush-GroundCover.html

I'm happy with the Parkers paint. Seems to be really durable and extremely flat. No shine whatsoever. The color combination I used hides my boat extremely well when beached on the bank during fall/winter. I don't hunt out of my boat though, just use it to get to and from hunting spots on the river.

IMG_20141122_102323_zpsjsdr0avh.jpg

IMG_20140308_103919_zpsketcbwn3.jpg

I did mine using stencils from Red Leg and just the Krylon rattle cans. It's been heavily used for a year now and is still in good shape. Pretty inexpensive and easy, just time consuming.

IMG_1061_zpsrblqamgi.jpg

IMG_1075_zpsbgqsq46u.jpg

IMG_1226_zpsrrsp8q1p.jpg

I bougt some stencils as well for like $10. Way better than I could do myself. Bought some rattle cans from local store and will be doing mine best marsh impression later this summer. 8)

Latest posts