new boat so many ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedood

Reaction score
i picked up an older meyer laker 14 in the fall and i am looking in to fixing it up for the spring.

right now the transom is okay but i was thinking about replacing it, its just 2 boards bolted together.
is there any reason that i should not expand on the current size, i was thinking about extending the wood to the bottom of the boat.
this would give me a place to mount a rear transducer with out drilling through the bolt.

i was thinking about using exterior ply with some sort of epoxy resin and paint over that.

right now i cant really think of any negatives to stop me from changing it.

also i have a 800gph bilge pump i was gonna add for peace of mind since i already have it. where should i be going through the hull for that, transom, above/below the waterline?

down the line i will be adding some rod holders, a electric trolling motor for the electric only lakes, fish finder, and nav lights.

i want to get out on the water before i make any major plans for a deck or seat changes,

Uhhhh, if a bilge pump to pump water OUT, then the exit should be as high on the rear topsides as you can try it. Not much room on small boats for a higher-than-exit backfill loop (prevents water intake).

Here is where I installed my bilge pump outlet. It was as high as I could get it.

IMAG0972_zps25336512.jpg

IMAG0970_zps4568efbb.jpg

Latest posts