Neat aluminum step for tin boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Link = https://www.vancemfg.com/untitled19.html

Looks like a handy step to put on the transom for those who may need help getting back aboard. Sure is better than nothing! And for $15, the price sure can't be beat!

Attachments

• Vance Easy Step.jpg
    Vance Easy Step.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,955
Just what I was looking for! I had been looking high and low for some type of ladder. Thanks.

wow THANKS Dale !!
I have been looking and looking at different options for my bass boat.
EXACTLY what I need. small, out of the way. e x c e l l e n t !!!
I have thought about making a rope jacobs ladder, cutting down a folding ladder,
just couldn't find one that would suit my bass boat.
This is PERFECT !!

Thanks !! \:D/

New River Rat said:
Anybody see the dimensions ?
I just called Vance Mfg, but no one in the shop picked up.

I bought one, so if I don't hear back, I'll post the size when received. But looking at it, you gotta figure it is 5-6" wide neigh to at least get one foot on it, which means it should drop a good 6 to 8" below where you place it.

More later ... and if I can wade through the 5' of snow :shock: surrounding my boat ... I'll take some pictures of it temporarily affixed to the hull.

I've got pods on the back of my boat. Don't think this will work. I can step on the outboard and onto the pod. But it does look nice.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425226805328.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1425226805328.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 2,826
Dale,

When you get through that 5' of snow to get a pic, I'd sure appreciate you sharing it with us. I am interested as well. Can't find any old vintage ones that are worth the asking price. Thanks for posting! =D>

Keith
Texas

Here's a picture of the step next to a US bill (> 6" long) so the size is about 7" wide and almost 10" tall. It is made from cast aluminum and looks beefy enough for the intended use.

My skiff will be moored in saltwater, so I intend to make sure I put Tef-Gel on the SS bolt threads to prevent galvanic corrosion between the SS and aluminum, especially being near an ideal electrolyte - saltwater.

Attachments

• Step.jpg
    Step.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,773
Thanks Dale! They look to be pretty beefy to me as well, and I appreciate your input on saying so.

Thank you for sharing, and thank you for taking the time to post these pics.

Let us see a pic of what it looks like on your boat, when the snow melts in July. :p

Keith
Texas

Thanks, I have one on order. I fish in a 10' semi v. I went water a couple of years ago and I have been looking for a simple step since then. I always wear a vest but I am getting a little old to climb up the motor. I also keep a small air horn handy.

DaleH said:
Link = https://www.vancemfg.com/untitled19.html

Looks like a handy step to put on the transom for those who may need help getting back aboard. Sure is better than nothing! And for $15, the price sure can't be beat!

Thanks to Dale who found this little gem.

Thought I'd update this post with a photo of how I rigged mine. I didn't want any fasteners through the hull (my brand new transom!) that would be below the waterline, so I affixed the step to a piece of 5/8" thick King Starboard, a piece salvaged from an old swim platform. Then I just added the plastic to the hull with 4 bolts.

The other black thermo-plastic step you see was added to where the bolts go through into the splashwell area.

Between those 2-steps/hand holds, plus the built-in handle on the starboard side gunnel cap ... and I can get myself back into the boat from deep water ... if needed.

Attachments

• Safety-Swim Step.jpg
    Safety-Swim Step.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 733

Latest posts