Hydroturf

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt1972

Reaction score
How good is it? How well does it hold up? Tell me all about it. Please post photos of it if you've had it installed for a few years. Thanx in advance.

Great product, easy to cut/trim and install. Mine has only been in the boat for about 6 months so I can't tell you what it will look like in a couple of years but mine still looks brand new.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,024
I really want some on my jon boat as well... looks/feels great compared to bare aluminum. Cost is another thing :shock:

Just bought a roll with adhesive for $140 shipped. Going to need 2 more rolls to do what I want. This is on a 1248 jon boat.

https://www.hydroturf.com

I purchased the 47" x 86" camp cut groove. It was $119 for the sheet and the rest was shipping. I originally thought I only needed 2 rolls but once I recieved my 1st roll I was salty to find out 2 rolls would come up a little short and I would need a 3rd roll.

DrNip said:
https://www.hydroturf.com

I purchased the 47" x 86" camp cut groove. It was $119 for the sheet and the rest was shipping. I originally thought I only needed 2 rolls but once I recieved my 1st roll I was salty to find out 2 rolls would come up a little short and I would need a 3rd roll.

Ya thats my problem. I figure I'll need at least two full rolls to cover what I want... Let's see some pics once you've gotten it installed!

Great product. If you are really handy you can cut it on a router table to get a nice finish on edges. Great on bare feet, nice when it's cold out, really quiets the boat down, blood and guts wash out at carwash, the wetter it gets the more grip it has, lay your reels on it without scratching them up like a nonskid finish, hooks don't snag it.

Recommended to keep covered when storing boat. Like about anything else UV degrades it overtime.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Great product. If you are really handy you can cut it on a router table to get a nice finish on edges. Great on bare feet, nice when it's cold out, really quiets the boat down, blood and guts wash out at carwash, the wetter it gets the more grip it has, lay your reels on it without scratching them up like a nonskid finish, hooks don't snag it.

Recommended to keep covered when storing boat. Like about anything else UV degrades it overtime.
A router you say???? I've got one of those. Care to elaborate a little on this process?

What are you guys doing where you need to seam it? I have put off ordering some because I need a sheet 96in long. I don't really want to seam it. any other similar products that come longer sheets?
Thanks

lakeracer99 said:
What are you guys doing where you need to seam it? I have put off ordering some because I need a sheet 96in long. I don't really want to seam it. any other similar products that come longer sheets?
Thanks

Same issue I am having. Couldn't figure out what to do at the seam without making it look bad.

My front deck is seamed. Don't think you would be able to tell where without me pointing it out! I went with the grooved product for just that reason.

Latest posts