Couple questions- Front Bench removed & covering some issues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Ignore my bad paint job on the interior. Thats just the first coat, and I didn't go all the way down to the bottom because the floors are out of it right now getting carpeting, so it doesn't matter and I'm lazy.

CiPmHGI.jpg

You can see where the front bench used to be, the brackets are still there. The Previous Owner cut it out. Besides the obvious lack of 1/3rd of my flotation material, are there any other issues this could cause? Will the bow flex more? Should I run a 2x4 across the boat between those brackets to help reinforce?

In case you are wondering, the interior is getting 2 coats of Rust-Oleum Aluminum color paint to cover the previous owners duck poo green.

t7oQ72n.jpg

HbjVEhl.jpg

Next issue - Previous Owner installed a pole mount for a seat on the back bench. I want it in the the bow. You can see the bench has been cut and drilled into it. Any ideas on how to fix? I was thinking about just cutting some plywood, urethaning it, and screwing it into the top of the benches. Would give it a nice look and cover the existing carnage.

OJVr0FG.jpg

The bottom in the back does not have a plywood floor. I plan on wire brushing it and then spraying it with a can of truck bed liner, since thats where the gas can and battery will go. Any advice there? Or will this work well?

And in case you are wondering about the exterior color you see - Its smurf butt blue. That just happened to be the color of the 3/4 full gallon of oil paint I had left from a previous project.
YksoFxT.jpg

I'm thinking about putting a swooshy stripe on the outside in another color, but nothing has really struck my fancy yet.

Barefoot_Johnny said:
Lugo - - - I know that you are new to this forum,
it is FAMILY ORIENTED..... please do not use vulgarity to describe your shortcomings.

Edited - my bad. phpBB forum software (what this forum is based on) allows for you to censor vulgarity. Generally I assume if I can curse, I'm allowed to curse.
I talk on popupportal.com (a pop up camper forum) and if I curse there it gets changed to a non-vulgar word.

I'll make a point to not do so in the future. I'm sorry.

Skiffing said:
@ lugoismad

I'm no decorator - but what's the diff between DS green and WS blue?

:LOL2:

Atleast this isn't flaking off in huge patches.

Latest posts