Pod size?!?!?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irvan105

Reaction score
Ok guys I've went off of beavertails template with some modifications. I wanted to make mine a little longer because wanted to do the step up model. Here's my deal let me know if yall think it will work. At the transom the bottom piece will be 10" tall. It will be 24" long off of the transom. As it goes away from the transom it will raise up 2" so as not to create "drag" so in short it's 10" tall at transom and 24" away it's tapers up to 8". Think this will be enough?

irvan105 said:
Ok guys I've went off of beavertails template with some modifications. I wanted to make mine a little longer because wanted to do the step up model. Here's my deal let me know if yall think it will work. At the transom the bottom piece will be 10" tall. It will be 24" long off of the transom. As it goes away from the transom it will raise up 2" so as not to create "drag" so in short it's 10" tall at transom and 24" away it's tapers up to 8". Think this will be enough?

If i understand you correctly your talking about the bottom being angled upwards 2" in 24" of length, if so then your not going to get the full benifit of the floatation of the pods, unless of course they will be submerged. Pods will only benifit you were they actually touch the water. If the angle you speak of will be some what out of the water than you will loose that bouyancy. My pods are flat on the bottom but designed in a way that once mounted you loose 1/2" from front to back and they work perfect. They stay in contact with the water all the time, but under power, they have enough angle to keep them from dragging. Hope this helps.
Take advantage of all the "inside" area of the pod you can get, thats were you get the weight displacement. Heres a picture of my pods, at idle the water line of my boat is even with the top of the lower section of the step down on the pod.

non skid 4.JPG

dearl thats the exact design i want to go with. And yes you were right with what i want, my main fear is creating drag ill try to post a picture here in a minute of what i was thinking. Dearl what are chances i could get the measurements of your pods?

Picture got turned but the top is the transom side. The left is the top of pod and bottom is how was thinking angle up. Clear as mud?

It would work but i really dont think you need 2" to reduce drag, but thats just my 2 cents. Look on Boydwelding.com, thats where i got mine. He had to customize mine because its a tunnel hull, they wouldnt fit without some modifications, so mine are diffrent from the ones he makes and sells.

Really? I would've guessed they would have had to been longer than that for the step to be on there

Latest posts