Anyone ever seen a 22 foot jon?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
This is from a local craigslist ad. Lists it as a 22' but doesn't give any more details on it. Now I have seen the 24' Sea Arks, but this thing just looks ridiculous....can you imagine making a turn in that thing?

22footboat.jpg

chrispbrown27 said:
This is from a local craigslist ad. Lists it as a 22' but doesn't give any more details on it. Now I have seen the 24' Sea Arks, but this thing just looks ridiculous....can you imagine making a turn in that thing?

You'd have to start the turn about five minutes before you actually wanted to make it.

It would be like turning a barge! It would take ya 30 minutes to get to the front if you were running jugs by yourself! With all those bench seats I would feel like I was doing some olympic hurdling.

My guess would be originally two boats put together to make one really long one. Lol

Wonder what getting that thing on plane would be like????

My 22/34 Aluma-weld planes just fine with a 30 horse merc. Pushes her right along at 23 mph fully loaded and three adults.

bootheeltechy said:
My 22/34 Aluma-weld planes just fine with a 30 horse merc. Pushes her right along at 23 mph fully loaded and three adults.
We need to see pictures.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425690993865.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425691016699.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425690993865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425690993865.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,535
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425691016699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425691016699.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,535
Not exactly a "jon" but close. Totally flat bottom-no ribs. 20' long, 36" wide, ran a yamaha 40/30 jet on the upper White river in Arkansas trout fishing. Impressive boat, ran over shoals of gravel that were maybe 6" water depth, wide open throttle. Don't know who made it. Aluminum, most of the "drift boats" are fiberglass and the bottom is slightly banana-shaped to get on plane fast and get unstuck from beached on a shoal or sand bar easily. And they do both of those extremely well.

The one we rented-the aluminum one (2036) was fun. Standing up and casting wasn't any big deal really. Now if both of us were working in opposite directions, it became a little wobbly; about like a 1542 to be honest. It really wasn't too bad at all and if I didn't have my 1548 already, I'd definitely consider one-or a fiberglass version like a Shawnee or similar. It did not like to turn very well. Planed almost instantly, on plane at maybe 10 mph at the most. Handled some wake a LOT better than I expected then when I first looked at it, but I would NOT want to use it on a bigger, deeper lake. That river where we was at is maybe 300 yards wide and a foot or less deep in a lot of places.

Latest posts