Floatation help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jignjoe

Reaction score
I have this 12'x42" glass boat and I've been playing around with the idea of a front deck and transferring it to a mini bass rig bit I'm reluctant because of how lite the boat is I can literally stand it up on end by myself but it is quite sturdy without much sidewall flex at all.
What my question is am I going to put a lot of work into this then float it and find out its just not going to work out or is there a way to add flotation to remedy this potential issue or should I just find a bigger boat?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 422
There is no rating plate in the boat I have a feeling my 15 Honda 4 stroke is a bit heavy but that's all I have lol.
With that said would it be beneficial to add flotation pods off the back of the transom?

Pods would help, the ones I've seen are aluminum and can be bolted on. They are expensive and once there installed it's still just a 12' boat. You could make a set from plywood and fiberglass.

I'm thinking about pods on the back and a mini Jack plate to move the motor back and up a bit I just measured her and she's actually 44" on bottom and 48" on top I just really think that extra 2' length would make a big difference if I found a 14' er

Latest posts