Kicker bracket on 12x32

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emcdawg

Reaction score
New to the sight, this is cool! I was wondering what any opinions of the effects of a kicker bracket mounted on the back of my 12x32 tracker would have on the boat. My thoughts were it would allow me to jack it up in shallow water and would put the motor in clean water to run. It's only a 5hp so I wasn't expecting much but it didn't push it as well as I though. I'm going to take it off this weekend and mount it directly to the boat to compair (should have done that first). I also have a mini jacket plate that gives you 4" I may try also. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 640
Those brackets are not really designed for that type of application. They are designed to be used either fully down to run the motor or fully up to get the motor out of the water. A set back "fixed" bracket would probably work better for you, it would give you a little more clearance, but for that little motor I wouldn't expect a lot of improvement either way. Unless the motor shaft is too long and the anti vent plate is below the bottom of the boat.

Emcdawg said:
My thoughts were it would allow me to jack it up in shallow water and would put the motor in clean water to run. It's only a 5hp so I wasn't expecting much but it didn't push it as well as I though. Thanks
Did you get a GPS reading on the speed? My 1232 lowes would do 12ish with a 5.5 hp evinrude and 9ish with a 3.5 hp Nissan. I would be interested in how well your shallow water plan works.

8 mph with kicker, it seemed to be in low rpm's. I just recieved a mini tach in the mail and will find out what the RPM are at WOT. I suspect around 3500 not the 5500 I need. I'll keep u posted. As for the shallow water it works fine the kicker plat has several hights adjustments, 5 I believe.

For a small kicker like that, that actually looks like a pretty good idea but, I think my 20 would twist that thing sideways, even if it is rated for a 20 it is really intended for auxiliary power and not performance. They make a similar device for power boats that is hydraulic and of course expensive but it is a good concept.

Well it ran 8mph up stream and 13 down and sitting high, set back in clean water and on plane. I'm not changing anything on it, I was very pleased.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 550
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 550
Awesome. =D> Those speeds sound just about right for that boat motor combo. Next you need to post some shallow water videos. :wink:
I did a little river running with a 1232 lowes and a 3.5 Nissan. Either had to tilt motor by hand or drag it passed the shoals.

Latest posts