Ranger RT178 Cut Away Boat! - AWESOME!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I posted some pictures of a Ranger Boat that has been cut to show you how they are built on the homepage. The direct link is here: https://www.tinboats.net/ranger-rt178-cut-away-boat/

I think they are top notch in quality and build. What do you think? Leave a comment at the article or back here.

Jim

lovedr79 said:
cool. but isnt that a waste of a perfectly good outboard?

No more so than any other floor model or demo, so I wouldn't say it's "wasted" but more like "temporarily out of service". Ranger has always built one of the better boats on the market for the market they are targeting. I've never heard anyone complain about their quality, but their prices are another mater all together. Same thing with War Eagle. Both manufactured in my home state and both at a price that I just can't bring myself to justify spending on a boat, at least not while they're still new. :lol:

yes they are built good. same with "river pro" i saw one on the river and was like THERE IT IS! my next boat, then i was very content with the current boat i had when called a dealer. unfortunately they want $29K for that. um NO!

While I never did it to a NEW boat, but I have saved all pieces cut off my then new-to-me boat during the multiple construction projects through the years. I found them fascinating and they helped many current and prospective owners of Parker boats during my years of running the Classic Parker website that I started.

And these don't include the 1" thick solid frp =D> layup of the running bottom, 1' off the keel area in the stern, where I added an in-hull tilted element transducer. Thankfully I don't expect to be adding quite as many holes in my tinnies, lol :) !

Attachments

• Layup2.jpg
    Layup2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Layup1.jpg
    Layup1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 370
And they make a deep v tin? Now I have another one to add to the shortlist. Had no idea ranger was making tons, but that's good to know.

Latest posts