Trailer help needed pics included

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boat is nose heavy so on the trailer it bobs up and down in the front when on the trailer. Anyone have a cross support up front?

My boat is very bow heavy too I have a 12 gallon fuel tank up front to help break ice when duck hunting. I have a carpeted 2"x6"x24" mounted sideways on the trailer. Also when I got my trailer it had a very flimsy winch stand. I changed that out for a much stronger one.

S&MFISH said:
To start with, I would raise the front roller to meet the bottom of the boat. Then go from there if more support is needed. Possibly install longer bunks to provide more support toward the front.

I might have to lower the bunks to make that rubber roller connect with the boat.

One of these looks to be what you need.

https://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Parts/CE-Smith/CE32003G.html

That is what is on my boat and I've been able to fine tune the adjustment so it supports my boat just right. The thermoplastic rollers are worth the extra $ as well as opposed to the black rubber ones. I replaced all my rollers last summer with the yellow thermoplastic ones and it makes loading/unloading my boat a lot easier. Lowering your bunks as low as possible will also make it easier to load/unload your boat.

Should the rollers in the middle make contact before the bunks do? Right now my rollers are just a hair below the bunks so they don't make contact. I wasn't sure if this trailer is made for a flatbottom so I didn't use those rollers.??

Not really sure on your boat/trailer setup. But mine is setup with 2 bunks, a keel roller at the transom, a keel roller forward of the bunks about halfway from the end of the bunks to the bow, and a bow roller. It took a bit of adjusting, re-adjusting, etc. But now when I load my boat I hand winch it until the bow roller hits a rivet that I marked with a sharpie and the boat is supported by both bunks and all three rollers. This helps to distribute the load on the boat while trailering and keeps it from bouncing around as much.

Latest posts