I am so excited for spring! I can't wait to use my boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
I've spent the last 2 months refurbing my boat. Its a 1984 Sea Nymph 14R.

Payed my mom's boyfriend $400 for it and hauled it out from behind his barn.

This was it when I started on it in January.

3OBQAOc.jpg

I just finished putting the console, controls and seats in today.

Fkgfj1V.jpg

Yesterday I installed a new impeller and changed the gear oil. The last person to do the impeller forgot an o-ring, and the gear oil was more water than oil.

It has all new wiring and control cables.

I live half an hour from East Fork lake in Southern Ohio, and I can't wait to take it fishing for hybrid striped bass. Theres a guy on reddit on the fishing subreddit who told me about a hole they hang out in, and said he caught 20 in a few hours.

All I've got left to do is to mount the trolling motor and run the wiring through the gunwale from the battery in the back to the bow for it.

Jim said:
Awesome! Cant wait to see some fish pics! I hope you have an epic year!

We usually camp at Paint Creek, and our campsite is right on the water so I Can't wait to be able to bring the boat too.

Paint Creek has sauger. Can't wait to catch more of these bad boys. Caught this in January.

ToivvEV.jpg

Don't now where you're located but I'm betting it's north of me. We're into the high 50's to almost 70 now and just waiting on the crappie to start spawning. That much be a northern species of fish you have there, never seen one what ever it is. If we miss this rain today, I'll probably have my boat in the water tomorrow. Good luck with yours.

Latest posts