30 lb vs 55 lb thrust

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassguytom

Reaction score
I now have a 30 lb. thrust for my 12 foot Jon and can get a 55 lb. thrust for $100 bucks. Both motors are Minn Kota Endura I was wondering if the 55 would be that much faster/better. For $100 I think it is worth a shot. Any info. on this would be helpful.

I bought the $100 special endura 30, found a good used endura 55 for $120 and got 60 for the 30 it was a win win for everyone

I had a 12 foot kayak win a 30lb. thrust transom mount. I went fishing and had several hours before a storm came hit. I went up wind...so if I waited too late I could have a good tail wind to get back. Well...the storm came and the wind shifted directions. I got caught going against the wind in heavy rain. I had the trolling motor going full speed and I was paddling as hard as I could. It took a long time to get back to my truck. I went and got a 55lb that next week. It made a HUGE difference! The battery lasted longer with the 55lb vs 30lb....which surprised me! GET IT!

I'm going to guess your not going to go much faster...that being said, when wind, current or weeds are involved, the 55 lbs will be "better".