Seat placement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassguytom

Reaction score
I have clamp on seats to put on my 12 foot Jon its a 1232 and I mounted to to the side a little so I could stear the boat. It feel a little tippy and I had to sit more toward the middle. Should I mount in the middle? Just seems like stearing would be a pain. Any info. Is appriciated.

I have mine set about dead center on my boat, and since I just use a trolling motor steering isn't too bad. When I had the outboard on it it was ok as long as I kept my legs ahead of the bench, otherwise I would have mounted the seat off to the side a slight amount. You are going to have to play around with it to see where it's comfortable for you. If you do set it off to the side set the front on one the opposite side to help balance the weight.

In my small boat I have the seat off to the side for easier steering and the front passenger is mounted slightly to the other side to offset. When no one else is there I shift my trolling motor battery off to the side and it helps. Any other gear too, my cooler and an anchor. Usually takes care of the issue and I'm a big fella.

Latest posts