carpet or eva foam roll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthompson92

Reaction score
What are some of the pros and cons of both? I have finally started getting some progress done and it is time for me to figure out out what I will be putting down. How well do the eva foam rolls hold up? We sell the eva foam rolls at work and this would be a little bit cheaper route for me since I receive a discount plus I have some gift cards. If carpet would be the better route then I will go will that. Also if anyone has pictures of the eva foam in their boats would you mind posting some pictures so I can get an idea of how it looks. Thanks guys

Carpet is probably heavier dry - and will certainly be heavier in the rain. Little tinnies don't come with a lot of buoyancy, so every little bit helps.

i have the foam under a piece of carpet. works good no glue install. carpet snags hooks. the foam is soft under foot. i have the grey ones that look like a puzzle. easy install, but i offset the seam so it wouldnt break over my seat bases. 40$ to do the boat floor. am still pondering doing the front deck. will have to glue it

Thanks for the responses! Sorry it has took a few days to reply. Riverbottomoutdoors what do you mean by they are not equal?

bthompson92 said:
Thanks for the responses! Sorry it has took a few days to reply. Riverbottomoutdoors what do you mean by they are not equal?

Material density; resistance to abrasion/tearing; UV resistance. The gym floor stuff is not the same as the stuff that is made for marine applications. But, the stuff made for marine applications is a lot more expensive. That's not to say that the gym floor stuff is the wrong choice. It may be the right choice for your application/budget/expectations. You can get samples for products like hydroturf and Seadek....probably others too. Get some samples and compare to the rolls that you have. Will help with your decision.

I hope I never own a boat with carpet in it.

Latest posts