Mounting Trolling Motor - 1997 Polar Kraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callmecaptain

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently picked up a Minn Kota 45lb Edge that I'd like to mount to the deck of my 97' Polar Kraft Deck..

I'm looking for ideas on how to mount the trolling motor to the top of the boat being that I have a recessed deck (approx 3")

kXkem6g.jpg

1zWobVe.jpg

I made this for my TM, 3/4" ply and 1/4" aluminum channel.

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,081
Awesome! Can I get that aluminum channel stuff at Home Depot or Lowes by chance? I like that design, that way I get under the trolling motor bolts. tyvm

I don't have access under my deck so I'm wondering how to fasten that to the deck.

Got the aluminum from fastenal, believe you can order different sizes (think I have 2" channel).

I like the access also.

Regarding attachment to your deck, if your not bolting from underneath, it might be worth having something welded to the front deck/gunnel.

Dropped by Fastenal, they didn't have any aluminum channel but I think Home Depot did. I have to put the trolling motor on the side because my trailer posts would hit the trolling motor and I already have an anchor rope guide in the center of the bow. I'm wondering about having a welder do something like this, not sure how much they would charge:

qMXz0Gp.jpg

There's 2 options in mounting to blind decks. One, Motorguide offers some rubber swell nuts specifically for this purpose, but they don't work just real great with aluminum because the sharp drilled hole cuts the rubber. The other option is riv nuts. Those are more permanent; but transfer more noise and vibration to the hull-if that is a concern. Most trolling motors are so well balanced that it's not a problem like it used to be.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#riv-float-nuts/=wqpxgb

Check tractor supply for channel. Sometimes they have it. Local store (not TSC, but similar/better) carries it and they're cheaper than TSC. Also if you have a scrap metal yard close by, check them as well.

=D> =D> =D>

Looks great!!! There's even room for wiring and plug on the underside.

Thanks buds! :beer:

My $2.89 paint job here, hehe. Gonna paint the sides of my boat with this stuff..

lsCoBvWl.jpg

Latest posts