guna buy a new 17-18 ft Jon/bassboat?grizzly,Lowe,alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welp, im guna take the plunge n sell my 14 ft lowe jon/mod bassboat that been fishin outa for 20 yrs. Im 41 n guna treat myself to a nice multipupose rig. I have two boats in yard, the Lowe n a 16' Meyers v hull. Guna sell both n consolidate to 1 boat. Any advice on a brand? The boat will mainly be used for small freshwater bass tourneys on lakes that r electric motor only. I occasionally also go crabbing n duck hunting in barnegat bay in Nj. I have a 1994 30 Suzuki (guna take off 16' Meyers) that is a cream puff for it. I will probably have my metal pal fabricate a side console for a steering wheel for OB. I want to keep the boat relatively open n basic for crabbing trips w the family, so my livewell for tourneys will jus b a large igloo cooler. I like that versa track idea on grizzlies for a duck blind option.

That's wat I'm shooting for anyways, but I'm open to suggestions from u Jonnie Alumaheads! Anyone selling?

Thanks in advance n this is a cool forum. Never wuda thot there was a forum like this!

Here's my soon to be gone 14' Lowe that has served me well.
1405777133017.jpg
1405777272759.jpg

Are you looking new or used?

If you're looking new, I think most all of the current brands are reasonably well built so once I decide on the size and layout I want, I'd choose based on the following, in order:

Price point vs my budget
hull thickness and construction
USCG capacity plate ratings for weight and Hp (there is some surprising range here based on brand)
who is the best local dealer I trust to take care of me after purchase

" USCG capacity plate ratings for weight and Hp (there is some surprising range here based on brand)"

Aint that the truth. https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/specs.cfm?boat=3673

744lb bare hull 1654 rated for 30HP max? I know it's a tiller but that's just silly. 4 people and gear and you would have to run the piss out of that little 30HP just to get on plane.

Latest posts