No one likes a soggy rear....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampRooster

Reaction score
Maybe some do, I'm not here to judge. I Started poking around the transom of my eighty something Lowe 1542 the other evening and she's mighty soft in the wood. There are several holes to many through the back of my new jalopy so I'm looking to take her in for some patch welding and new ply in the transom. Since it has to be opened up for the switch and it'll be at the welders anyway what's the harm in asking: have any of you framed the inside with square stock aluminum for reinforcement rather than plywood? Do you have pictures? Particulars for framing member placement? Horror stories why this should never be done? Any information is good information. Thanks in advance.

Yes someone on the forum has done it and there are pictures of it. Problem is I can't remember who's build thread it was in. Maybe they will see this and respond or someone may remember who it was that did it. I'm pretty sure that FishOn Fabrications (site sponsor) did the welding so he may have pics of it on his web site.

Latest posts