The rebuild begins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
I cut my first piece of plywood this afternoon and have a coat of water proofing on it. This is the replacement floor for my battery area. 3 years of a leaky cover was not kind to the existing flooring in the back of the boat.
20150423_183618_zpsbdnghmmt.jpg

This is a picture of the battery area from the initial build. A little TLC and it'll be back to looking like this except that I'm not going back with carpet. Instead going with a rubber mat.

Batteries2.jpg

Things are going a little slower than I'd like, but making progress. On the initial build I was never happy with how I had attached the front platform where the TM was mounted. I ripped it out and went back with something solid. That's not going anywhere. Now to mount the TM, do a little wiring, get two new batteries and I'm off to the lake :)

20150506_190620_zpsei6ack53.jpg

20150506_190542_zpsqlwhjtdl.jpg

I think I would go with the rubber mat in the battery compartment, carpet will soak up battery acid and water and will not dry out. Also the wood needs to be completely sealed using many coats of varnish, water seal is only good for about 6 months.

A view from the Captain's chair!

Left to do is make a trip over to Wally Mart and get a fresh set of marine batteries, hook um up, charge them and hit the lake.

20150509_161315_zpswj9yfibx.jpg

Latest posts