Bench build from scratch?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigmax

Reaction score
In the home stretch gang. I have a 14 foot what i believe to be Richline where I pulled all 3 benches. I want to build 2 bench seats from scratch with 2x8 or take suggestions from you guys on what to use. I've gone through many threads but cant find anything that is step by step. Anybody? I have a Metal Supermarket in town that has all types of angle and c channel material to use. Taking all considerations. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150415_184953.jpg
    20150415_184953.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 519
oooohhhhhhh, you are opening Pandora's Box here.
There are so many "weight contentious" boaters here that you will
be torn between wood and aluminum.

in MY world - I would use sheet metal and aluminum angle to fabricate
the frame. Trying to make it weather tight to store stuff in.
I would make a 1/2" plywood seat covered with a light colored Naugahyde material.
This gets you away from the hot metal to sit on.
ROPE PULL.png

I shouldve stated my goal was to keep it simple as I'll be selling the boat as soon as she's done. No framing need, just need to mount to the sides. I bought a Bass Tracker Deep V this week so two boats fill the garage. With your suggestion Metal supermarket could make the box to hold my foam underneath. Maybe 2 pieces of angle bolted at 45 degrees to support the sides? I believe i have the vision just want dont want tunnel vision.

Latest posts