Home made trolling motor recessed pedal pan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter1661

Reaction score
As many of you can tell I have not posted much on here. I have sort of been "creeping" on various topics lol. Recently after an annual fishing trip I decided to install a recessed pan on my "new to me" Jon boat. The previous owner installed the aluminum decks and did a poor job of making everything symmetrical. The compartments up front are at different angles and one is wider than the other. This posed a problem for the pedal. All marketed trays were far too wide to fit between the locker doors so I decided to go to my local heating and air conditioning company to have one made. I drew up a sketch and in a few days they had it made. It is made of aluminum, welded on sides and bedlined. They ended up charging me $75 for the job but to me it was well worth it. Galvanized steel would have only been $50. Cannot wait to get in the water with it! Also, never mind the off center pedestal mount. I may have had a few soda pops in me that night....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 639
Well I have been out a total of three times since the install. This is the second best mod I have done to this boat. First being the 9.9-15 conversion on my evinrude. The pedal sits perfectly flat when traveling straight and relieves nearly all stress on my back and hips. Even when sitting my hips and back don't hurt. I would highly recommend buying one! The only downside I have is how tight the pedal is in the pan. I had to do this due to the storage lockers... But, I do like the "custom" look of mine because most marketed pans are huge and the motorguide pedals swim in them.

Latest posts