here she is fellas, the beast, Jon on roids, new grizzly1860

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PART95142999864095895DSC950063.jpgLeftover 2014 w matched trailer! No more fishin like Sanford n Son out my 14' Lowe like the past 20 yrs! This beast will do it all!! Tourney bassin, sunny fishin w the kids, duck hunting, crabbing, clamming, striper fishing, Nite catfishing, frog gigging, n chillaxing w the ol lady!

Guna use 2 old giant igloo coolers I found in trash, sawzall them down to height of existing deck, top em w plywood, carpet, n hinges, n wala, removable livewell n storage n more casting deck. Any ideas on that construction wud b helpful-figured jus some 3/4 in pressure treated n 2x4 for support. Simplicity is my moto!

Sweet, but don't use PT wood anywhere in that boat without sealing it completely, better yet use something else like composite (plastic) wood for stuff that is not structural and aluminum for stuff that is. Nice ride for sure.

No more fishin like Sanford n Son for me - Guna use 2 old giant igloo coolers I found in trash,
sawzall them down - wala, removable livewells
LOL you can take the boy out of the country !! but - - - -
good idea right there !!

AWESOME SCORE !! That thing is a TANK !!! It will not take much to get it ready !!
If you keep it in the family, you, your kids, their kids and their kids will have years of good fishin !!!

1405777272759.jpgThanx fellas!! Definitely happy with the rig! And this thing will stay in the family for sure, with the youngest of my 2 redneck boys only being 14 months old!! Lol

Surf-- you mentioned a no go for PT unless treated, jus wondering why so, I rolled w that for many years w my ol creek chub special, as my pals called it, w no issues. I can't remember if I Thompson water sealed it or not tho. U jus thinking rot issue, or sumtin like environmental/safety issues? If its jus rot concern, they are going to be removable and mostly out of the elements, plus I always tarp my boats, hell, this baby may even get the ol Coney Island Whitefish treatment, a nice tight fitting shrink wrap condom cover when duck season ends!!

This pic is the Lowe creek chub special, but the decks are lasting a long time.

The chemicals in the PT wood leech out and eat the aluminum. Its called galvanic corrosion. Plus the wood will eventually rot.
Welcome to the 1860 club. I love mine.

Here's my girl "parked" while we were duck hunting a point on the coast.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430922630675.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430922630675.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,608
Basically the prime ingredient in PT to keep fungus from growing is copper and the copper will react with the aluminum and cause it to corrode, especially if it is wet. It is just best not to use it, I assume you are not in salt water; it is 10 times wore then.

Gotchya fellas!! Thanx a bunch!! Definitely don't want any galvanic corrosion messin w my rig!! Glad to b a member of the 1860 club!! Nice rig!!

One thing to consider if you use PT wood is to put a layer of duct tape down anywhere the wood will touch the aluminum. This will prevent the corosion caused by the copper leaching out.

Micropterusfreak911 said:
Huntfool- Wat size OB u got on there!?!? Looks like it will raise hell out there!!!

Lol that's what I was thinking to. Look how high it's still floating. Dang I want one those boats one day!

Latest posts