Boat cover for 14' jon with TM up front

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthewater102

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for a boat cover for one of our customized jon's with the trolling motor up front? I've got a 1436 but because of the motor I can't get a cover to fit it. I can go with a cover for a wider beamed boat, but it will have too much slack and will just collect water along the gunwales, which is bordering on pointless.

I've got a square nosed 14' with a trolling motor in the conventional position along the port side bow.

Part of me is tempted to use this as an excuse to get the hot-air plastic welder and try and fashion a tarp into a boat cover :) but I doubt I can sell my wife on the idea.

Could you use the wider cover in combination with PVC supports to eliminate slack?

Not really - it's about a 12' drop down to the river, and the town is a bunch of liberal pussies who want taxes, fees and permits up the yin yang just to look at the water let alone put a set of stairs down to a dock, so there really isn't anywhere to go with a PVC frame. I used one to support it in the winter the first year I had the boat, and I wasn't thrilled with it. I've since added fiberglass bows which work ok, but it doesn't change that the TM doesn't fit with the cover. I have a quick release mount for the TM, but that was intended for when I had to carry the boat to launch it, not to remove the TM each time I want to take the boat out. The pin hanging out the side of the TM mount already punched a hole in my deck once when the TM fell and landed on it, i'm not taking any more chances with it.

Latest posts