Thrust :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saggyman

Reaction score
I got a 1448 MV jon and was wondering what's good # of thrust for the front. I got a 24v system with a 80 lb traxxis out back to move me around the lake quick. Should I go with something similar up front or is that way overkill for fishing?

Couldn't tell you if it's too much..... I'd say go for it you have the $ to spend but my 45lb pulls my 1470 around just fine

I used to use a 24v Minnkota 65lb on my old War Eagle 1848, it was way overkill.

I now run a Minnkota 45lb Edge (12v, 5 speed) on my 1754 Polarkraft and it does absolutely fine.

It's up to you and how many batteries you want to have in your boat. I also don't fish in super windy conditions so please take that into consideration. If you're fishing open water, I would go with a larger thrust.

I've just got a 12 ft v bottom. But I like to creep along when fishing. So I'm running a 30#. ( I'd have bought a 20# if I could of found one).
Mine was still to fast on 1 so I cut some of the blade tip off. Even when you just needed to bump it off and on it snatched you around.
If you already have one for getting around I'd buy a small one for fishing. Mine pulls my boat at three mph on five now with the blade cut.
Your boats bigger so you wouldn't need to trim the prop. :mrgreen:
A 40 or 45 # might be just rite for your boat.

Latest posts