new member new boat. help w/id?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJL

Reaction score
First off I'm kurt and I just moved from California to south west missouri about two months ago and just picked up a 1232(ish) jon boat this last weekend for 100 bucks.

This is my first boat (but I have spent many birthdays fishing with my dad on his ~1984 19" Gregor)

The PO just used this boat on a small pond in the area so it was (as far as I know) it was never registered here. In mo if the boat doesn't have a gas motor (regardless of length) it does not have to be titled or registere. Boats with electric motors do not have to be registered. The KA tags on the side are from Kansas in 95. Called them, everything they have is listed as "unknown" besides that its a 12 boat and was last registered in 1998.

Here's some pictures if anyone can help with information on this guy

Attachments

• 20150509_171719.jpg
    20150509_171719.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 644
  • 20150509_171811.jpg
    20150509_171811.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 644
  • 20150509_173020.jpg
    20150509_173020.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 644
Get a magnifying class and a very bright led flashlight.
That's what I had to do to read a old ID tag on my trailer.

It's not the size of the print that's the problem, just that they are faded pretty good.

there is no HIN that I can find but the boat doesn't seen like it's older then (iirc) 1972 or whenever the hin was not required.

In the Picture of the tag and anyone tell me what the numbers on the side are? The ones in the boxes.

that's what I'm thinking. I did a Google search and found the same kind of plate that was in a lot better shape so I could actually read it (but the numbers were a bit different). Unfortunately it didn't list what kind of boat it was

I got a line on the make of the boat. I think it'd an appleby. That's the closest thing I've seen to it and it has the same capacity as mine.

lay a piece of paper and lightly rub a pencil across it to see if it will pick up the print.

That's a good idea.

I started wire wheeling the sides of the boat to get it ready for paint and to pull off all the epoxy or whatever it is to find any leaks.

I will be bringing it to work on Thurs to have a few leaks fixed

I did notice a few loose rivets so I am going to buy a heavy duty riveter tomorrow and get some alum/alum closed rivets from work and use some 5200 on the and see how well it works

Latest posts