Best paint for inside of boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjberg

Reaction score
I'm re-doing the seats in my 15' Gregor and installing some accessories. Seems like a good time to clean up the inside and put a fresh coat of paint on the inside. Any special paint required? I'll mainly be in saltwater if that makes a difference. I'm not interested in bedliner or something similar, since i have some removable floorboards. Just want something that will look decent and hold up for more than a season. Thanks in advance.

Just saw woodonboats post - very nice. Since there is already a coat of paint on mine, I may just sand the existing paint with 220, clean off, and spray rustolem. Doesn't seem like primer is needed.

hello and :WELCOME: to TinBoatPalooza

Since there is already a coat of paint on mine, I may just sand the existing paint with 220, clean off, and spray rustolem. Doesn't seem like primer is needed.

There are literally DOZENS of posts here every month pertaining to PAINT !!!

YOU, sir, are the very first one to KEEP IT SIMPLE !!!!

Yes, powerwash, address any suspect corrosion areas, loose/flaking paint, oil/grease areas and PAINT IT !!!

Go to your Big Box Store and tell the person at the paint desk what you want to do . . .
he/she will offer some suggestions - go read the label on the cans and choose what you think may
be best for your particular application.

Latest posts